macOS tip and tricks
Some of them.
Inspiration goes from kevinSuttle.
- On install screen do not use iCloud to login, you can't change login password otherwise.
- Use all trackpad gestures. Set tracking speed to 100%. Go to Accessibility and Mouse & Trackpad and enable three finger drag.
- Rename your Mac in Sharing.
- Create folder called home in user directory and add it to favorites. Next favorites are: User and Downloads. Use home folder as default one. Show current Mac in sidebar. Show path and status bar.
- Go to screen saver and hot corners and set left top hot corner to put display to sleep.
- Organize by apps developer in Launchpad.
- Turn off alert volume in sound preferences. Show volume in menu bar.
- Require password after 5 seconds in Security & privacy
settings. Set lock message to your telephone number.
- Allow unrestricted access to websites for guest account in parent controls.
- Turn off keyboard backlight after 1 minute in Keyboard preferences. Turn off smart quotes and auto correcting.
- Use iCloud and import photos from photo stream in iPhoto.
- Install check spelling
cd ~/Library/Spelling;curl -O http://macos.pravdomil.com/mac/cs_CZ.zip;unzip cs_CZ.zip; unlink cs_CZ.zip;
- Install cz/en dictionary
cd ~/Library/Dictionaries;curl -O http://macos.pravdomil.com/mac/czech_english_dict.zip;unzip czech_english_dict.zip; unlink czech_english_dict.zip;
enable it in dictionary app
- Install Pravdomil keyboard